Thursday, December 26, 2013

An Unexpected Gift

Christmas day had passed and we celebrated it just fine at home with our family, although we are missing some family members. Good thing about technology today is that, it brings family closer even when they are miles away. Just a simple message or a video call would mean so much to those who can't be with their family on that very special day. And speaking of the past holiday, since we all love to prepare for these special occasion, we also tend to forget our bodies and we just eat whatever we want. We should also remember that in order for us to live happily, we should always look after our health. I am thinking of loosing weight big time, since I have consumed a lot of fats and sugar as well as carbohydrates for the past week. So, I started to jog this morning and went back to gardening, as this helps me loose those fats I have gained.

 


A friend of mine gave me the osmanthus holly plant which she ordered online and had it shipped to my address directly. I was so surprised upon receiving it. I thought at first, I have to pay for something that I didn't order. I was about to get mad when the delivery man said that I don't have to pay for anything and all I have to do is sign on the paper acknowledging that I receive the plant. I called my friend and thank her after reading her message on the card that came with the plant. I was very delighted because there is a new plant that will be adding on my collection. I don't know much about the plant so I did some research online. I have found out that it is a specie of flowering plant in the olive family and is widely used as a hedge plant.


It is not advisable to put it under full sun because the colors of the leaves may bleach out, for maximum color you should place it on a partial shade. Following a regular watering schedule during the first growing season is also needed to establish a deep, extensive root system. Those are some of the tips and tricks in taking care of the plant. I am looking forward to replanting them in my mini garden soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment