Thursday, April 25, 2013

Azalea Bonsai Perfect Addition To Your Miniature Garden

I received my first miniature garden when I was 9 and for me, it was better than my lego boxes. I have a lot of memories exploring how mighty I am to rule my own little house with a nice garden. When I get bored, I asked Dad to buy me new pieces of furniture and he helped me remodel it.  I love to put trellis and benches in my miniature garden since it looks real and I'm a big fan of the Victorian era so creating a Victorian garden was my first project after getting engaged. A miniature garden is a nice gift for kids since they can play and at the same time enjoy gardening. Since their dealing with live plants  children can learn how to be responsible in taking care of their mini garden and also you encourage them to learn basic architecture and horticulture.


You can create your own miniature garden gifts to share with friends and love-ones.  To make one,  you need to choose any container that will hold soil and also allow excess water to drain away. To accommodate many garden features, use the container with a large open surface like terra-cotta and ceramic pots, wooden boxes, wicker baskets and hypertufa troughs. For choosing the potting mix, stay away from soil that will not drain enough to provide a good drainage. If your container has holes on the bottom, try to cover it with dry coffee filters to prevent soils from falling through.


The most fun part is laying out the garden. This is where you show your talent and experiment with different arrangements. Large plant comes first so it will be easy to arrange the furniture and other ornaments. In buying plants, it would look real if you use Bonsai trees since it resembles large trees. The Azalea Bonsai from Emilysplants.com is an example of a flowering bonsai tree that can add extra color to your miniature garden. You can also add fences, houses, crystals as lake, mosses, mini fountains, lights and stones. It's a big accomplishment finishing a wonderful creation in just 5 minutes.




 For more updates and information about home and business curb appeal improvement, please follow me on my Fan Page in Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment