Thursday, April 10, 2014

Potted Plants And It's Benefits



Planting has always been a great hobby for me. I could still remember the first time I tried planting a flower on a pot. I do not have much about plants that time, but all know is I want to have my own little garden someday. And little by little, from flower pots and containers to my very own garden that is now full of different types of plants. I now realized that container gardening has help me in a lot of ways because I was able to try varieties of plants that I'd like to grow and testing it on different types of soil especially if it grows well on the type of soil that we have. I had done some research regarding container gardening, and as far as I know, container gardening dates back thousand of years to ancient cultures. One of the most famous container gardens in the history of civilization is the Hanging Gardens of Babylons.





Container gardening has a few disadvantages, but the positive aspects far outweigh them. One of the greatest benefit of container gardening is saving space. Many people nowadays live in apartments or homes with very little yard space by using pots and planters, it allows them to have a garden on a porch or patio or even indoors. Another major benefit of container gardening is allowing you to move your plants from one location to another if bad weather comes or if your plants are getting too little sun or too much. And you can even move your plants on a whim if you decide that they would look better elsewhere. Another thing is that, plants that are grown in containers have fewer problems with disease, and just in case it gets a fungus, then it is less likely to spread to all other plants and they are much easier to treat rather than those plants in the lawn.


Keeping your plants well-fed is also easier grown in pots because you are ensured that the fertilizer you use gets to your plants directly. Lastly, the variety of containers available allows you to design in a way that both fits your needs and complements your unique personality. There are many more advantages but those that I have cited are far the major benefits of container gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment